Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Year in First Lines

And it is that time of year again, to do a blogging round-up by sharing the first line of every month. I always intend to be clever and witty in my first post of the month in order to look much smarter when I do this every December, but somehow by March or April I've forgotten all about it again. So I'll just have to expose myself as a very lacksadaisical poster ;)

The "rules" are simple: Take the first line of each month's post over the past year and see what it tells you about your blogging year.


January: A Very Important Announcement for all my readers: Starting today, my blog signature is being changed from "Melanie" to Melwyk

February: I first heard of this novel [Things to make and mend] from a few British bloggers, and it sounded quite intriguing so when I found a copy locally I picked it up, intending to read it right away.

March: I read the first book by this author, An Embarrassment of Mangoes, quite a few years back and recall thinking it was okay, nothing special {ed. note: yikes! I must add that the book I am actually reviewing in that post was quite good}

April: It is April again, and to me that signifies Poetry Month more than anything else

May: Wow, got really busy there and just realized how terribly I've been neglecting my poor blog.

June: The New York Times has recently released its "20 under 40" list of hot young writers.

July: What great fun I had on my recent holiday reading this detective novel! [Dorothy Sayers' Gaudy Night]

August: This week's Meatless Monday post is a review of one of my favourite cookbooks. Enjoy! [How It All Vegan by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard]

September: It's my favourite time of year...the beginning of Fall.

October: It's the beginning of October, my favourite month in the year.

November: "Why November exactly?"

December: Penelope Stevens is trying to puzzle out the meaning of her life in various ways.


There it is, from the big change at the beginning of the year, to procrastination in reading from the TBR, to being too busy to blog, to new features like Meatless Mondays, to book reviews of all kinds... pretty much sums up the year!

If you try this, please leave a link so we can all enjoy your first-line round-up as well!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to do this one soon -- it's a great way to sum up the year. I missed an entire month of blogging, which will tell a story in itself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!