Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Challenge Roundup, 2010

I participated in a few challenges this year, and worked away at them, and amazingly I nearly completed most of them. Here is the roundup of the ones I was a part of, mostly for my own records. I like participating in challenges, as it forces me to read a little more widely, as well as giving me inspiration and new titles from the other participants' reading. I never pressure myself to finish them, but I do enjoy signing up and making those preparatory lists!


2010 Challenges

2010 Colourful Challenge: read 4/9 -- challenge was to read 9 books with a colour in the title
(titles)

2010 What's in a Name 4: read 6/6 -- read a book with each of six specific categories represented in the title
(titles)

2010 Clover, Bee & Reverie Poetry Challenge: read 4/5 -- read a certain number of poetry collections (I chose "Limerick" level = 5 books)
(updated titles)

2010 Short Story Challenge: read 5/5 -- read 5 short story collections
(updated titles)

2010 Our Mutual Friend: read 3/8 -- read 8 books, at least 4 written during 1837 - 1901. The other books may be Neo-Victorian or non-fiction
(titles)

2010 Chunkster Challenge: read 3/3 -- read 3 books over 450 pages
(titles)

2010 Science Book Challenge: read 2/3 -- read 3 books connected to theme of "Science & Nature"
(titles)

2010 Flashback Challenge: read 3/6 -- Literati level, reread six or more books
(titles)

2010 Emily's Attacking the TBR Challenge: read 18/20
(titles)



Ongoing Challenges
Canadian Book Challenge: ongoing; the goal is to read 13 Canadian books between July 1st & July 1st -- my personal challenge was to read authors new to me. I've read 13 female authors, and 1 male -- my goal is read 13 of each by July 1st, 2011. And then sign up for the next one!



Seasonal Challenges


RIP V:Sept 1-Oct 31/2010 Read 4/4 -- read 4 books of any length with a spooky theme
(titles)

Once Upon a Time 4: March 21 - June 30/2010

read 1/5 (lone title!)


**********************************************************
Whew, that was a lot of challenge reading. But that won't stop me from joining challenges again for 2011 -- I find them entertaining even I do only half finish them. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!