Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Review Links


This week a theme is being revived by the Weekly Geeks:


Here's what we'll do:

1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I've written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.

2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.

3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.

4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.

5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!


I am always pleased to link to other people's reviews; in fact I try to do it regularly, although sometimes I do forget to check before posting a new review. Please do leave me a link in the comments if you see a book I've read which you have as well -- I think it is always interesting to see multiple perspectives on a book. I don't have an archive all in one place yet but am working on a blog overhaul so perhaps soon... in any case, since Dewey started this habit ages ago, I've been trying to keep it in mind, so link away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!