Friday, February 13, 2009

Library Loot


Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by Eva and Alessandra

This week it seemed to be about non-fiction for me. I brought home:

1. People are Idiots and I can prove it / Larry Winget (already finished it: see previous post)

2 . Tofu Cookery / Louise Hagler (25th Anniversary Edition)
Because I love cookbooks and surprisingly don't have this one

3. Rich Brother, Rich Sister / Robert Kiyosaki and Emi Kiyosaki
This one is a look at money and spirituality, from the viewpoints of Robert Kiyosaki, well known financial writer and originator of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad franchise, and his sister Emi, a Buddhist nun. So far I've read about 75 pages and it is a fascinating study in contrasts.

4. Dreams from my Father / Barack Obama
Does this need an explanation?

And some fiction:

Purple for Sky / Carol Bruneau - Canadian fiction, set in Nova Scotia, dealing with women and family secrets and family legacies; this seems to be a theme in my Canadian reading lately!

Martin Pippin in the Apple Orchard / Eleanor Farjeon - more on this tomorrow; it is a book from the 20's and is a perfect choice for Valentine's Day. I've finished this one already.

4 comments:

  1. Those look like som great books! Martin Pippin sounds especially cool-can't wait to see your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely more positive than me. When I first read about Rich Brother, RIch Sister - my first thought was: and they decide to cash in on the sister being a nun?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Purple for Sky before. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Dreams from My Father.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!