Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Return of Weekly Geeks



Weekly Geeks is back! Thanks to the dedicated souls who took Dewey's creation on, we have a new 'assignment'. This week's challenge is as follows:




In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.


As you may be able to tell from my blogroll, I follow many, many of your writings. I'm continually finding more to add as well -- there are so many great blogs I read regularly! Not knowing quite how to choose just a few, I am going to note here some of the ones that I've been reading the longest, since the beginning of my blogging life.


The Book Mine Set

John is the originator of the Canadian Book Challenge, one of my personal favourites. He reviews a lot of short stories, children's books and poetry, and posts weekly word games. He is a very Canadian blogger admirable for his energy and consistency in his blogging; how does he do it with small kids and a full time job? I stand in awe.




Bookpuddle

Cipriano reliably offers great quotes and very personal reviews of the books he's reading. Somehow he always has hilarious experiences while reading in cafes and food courts; I know I will end up laughing while reading his posts. Furthermore, he shares his original poetry, which is darned good.




So Many Books

Stefanie is a library student and is full of enthusiasm; she reminds me of why I started out in this field in the first place. She is a brilliant blogger who reads and blogs about an intimidating number of classics (Herodotus or Emerson, anyone?). I also love her posts, with photos, about the luscious vegan food she and her husband prepare for their holidays and celebrations. Yum! Another inspiration.




Tripping Toward Lucidity

Andi is always entertaining and posts about being a college instructor and a student simultaneously. As part of the team behind Estella's Revenge, she has also been a big influence on me since I began blogging. All that bookish goodness! She has a personal, humorous touch and a wide ranging reading list that I admire.



A Striped Armchair

Eva is such an energetic reader - she's an inspiration. She reads a lot of non-fiction, which I can always use suggestions about as I never really read enough. Her brilliant suggestions for science reading as well as for her own challenge, the World Citizen Challenge, will keep me reading for years.



A Work in Progress

Danielle reads constantly! She always has interesting suggestions on mystery reading, among others, and shares images of her beautiful needlework as well. I enjoy catching up on the latest English fiction and historical books coming out when I read her posts; she is always up on the latest things. And nobody can do lists like Danielle. :)



And there are so many others that I follow regularly, but this list has to stop somewhere!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I keep finding new blogs! I don't think I know a couple of these... Happy Weekly Geek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh noooo - more blogs to explore. I will never get offline. Thanks for your great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I've just spent over an hour following everybody else's WG links! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our blogs are all so different! Just dropped in from Weekly Geeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list . . . some of my favorites, too. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL My blogroll looks a little like yours =) I've been reading WG links for the last 2 hours this morning lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I see a few new-to-me blogs! Can't wait to check 'em out. Thanks for your kind words, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Melanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love Weekly Geeks!

    In theme with blogger appreciation, I left an award for you on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!