Michele at Reader's Respite has tagged me for this meme -- I have not done a meme in quite a while now so this is the perfect time to try this one out!
So here are seven bookish facts about me:
1. I am a librarian and I always have loads of library books at home. (properly checked out, of course.)
2. When I was about 12 I decided to put spine labels and pockets with date due cards on all my books. Fortunately I didn't have very many of my own at the time! I recall forcing my friend Laurie to help me all of one afternoon when she'd rather have been playing outside. I still have my copy of Anne of Green Gables with the pocket and spine label attached with yellowing scotch tape. I wrote them all in pink. Weird.
3. I have to be reading more than one book at a time. I think it's because I'm mostly a "mood reader" and have to have a variety of options to pick from depending on how I feel.
4. The first book I ever bought for myself was Watership Down, in Grade 4. I had a gift certificate from my teacher and chose WD because it was big and fat and looked wonderful. Even though the bookstore owner tried to talk me into something more 'age appropriate', my Mom stood up for me
5. I could read before I went to school but have no memory of ever learning how.
6. I lived in the basement of a library for seven years.
7. I really like rereading old favourites, mostly to remind myself what I was like when I first read them. This works especially well with obscure, non-literary books which I haven't heard many people talk about; my original reactions remain clearer for those ones.
I am not sure who to tag for this one who hasn't already done it! But if it interests you and you'd like to share your bookish oddities with us, please leave a comment letting us know. I am always interested in a bibliophile's quirks!