Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day!



Since we are offered this day just once in four years, I'm celebrating by sharing four things that have made my heart leap! this week:



1. I did a preschool program this morning with the theme "Leap Frogs for Leap Year". Those kids are great; they cheer me up in the mornings -- tough to do for someone so very definitely NOT a morning person...


2. I am going to Ukraine! [happy dance] Didn't know if I could swing it, but my sister is now awaiting my arrival in the metropolis of Kiev a little later this year.

3. I found, at a very reduced price, a hardcover copy of The Bloodless Revolution : a cultural history of vegetarianism from 1600 to modern times. Well, ok, it made my heart leap!

4. Chocolate. Need I say more?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on being able to visit Ukraine!! And that vegetarian book sounds really neat-looking forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eva! I am quite excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! And I'll bet your trip will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on going to the Ukraine. Are you planning on bringing any themed reading along with you, ie Ukranian authors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget - thanks, and I'm sure the trip will be wonderful!

    Duck Thief - Thanks! I'm working on a mental list of reading right now; not sure if I should take historical or modern novels by Ukrainians, and of course, how many??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the trip to Ukraine! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!