Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall means RIP X

rip10400

I didn't want to miss participating in RIP X this year -- I've read along in this dark, mysterious challenge nearly every year it's been running.

This year, for the 10th Celebration, Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings is letting Estella's Revenge do the hosting, though he's still reading RIP and hosting the review linkup. 

What is RIP? It a celebration of reading:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.


Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.

As time has wound on, we’ve discovered that simple rules are best:

1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.


As Carl does each and every year, there are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have too many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.

R.I.P. X officially runs from September 1st through October 31st.

I'm one of those whose commitments are a lot higher this year than usual, so I am choosing Peril the Third, the one book option.


I have a number of books in my reading lineup that may fit; I'll read at least one by the end of this month and share it here.

Join in, there's still time! 

4 comments:

  1. I did this challenge last year...it's a fun one! Can't wait to see what you pick to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun -- I usually get started on it right away but this year everything is getting away from me!

      Delete
  2. This is a fun challenge! I look forward to reading your review for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!