Saturday, July 13, 2013

6 in 6

This is a fun meme I noted first at Fleur in Her World, originating at The Book Jotter (a new-to-me blog). It's made up of six books in six categories which you've read in the first six months of the year. While I've come to it a bit late, it's not too, too late to join in!

So, using some of Jo's six categories, and a few that differ, here are my choices:

Six authors new to me

Elizabeth Savage (Last Night at the Ritz)
Rachel Wyatt (Suspicion)
Saleema Nawaz (Bone & Bread)
Janet Hepburn (Flee, Fly, Flown)
Helene Wecker (The Golem & The Jinni)

Six authors I have read before

Alexander McCall Smith
Alan Bradley
Susanna Kearsley
Barbara Pym
Helen Humphreys
Marusya Bociurkiw

Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf

Wm & H'ry by J.C. Hallman
Yours Ever by Thomas Mallon
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Threading Light by Lorri Neilsen Glenn
Comfort Food for Breakups by Marusya Bociurkiw

Six books I have greatly enjoyed

Sir Charles Grandison by Samuel Richardson
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
An Unsuitable Attachment by Barbara Pym
Astray by Emma Donoghue

Six books that took me to other times and places

John Saturnall's Feast by Lawrence Norfolk
The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
Henrietta Sees It Through by Joyce Dennys
Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley
The Tale-Teller by Susan Glickman

Six books not reviewed yet -- in progress or recently finished

Perdita by Hilary Scharper
The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway
The History of Emily Montague by Frances Brooke
The Translation of Dr. Apelles by David Treuer
Heidegger's Glasses by Thaisa Frank
The House by Teresa Waugh

******************************
Try your own set of sixes if you wish, and be sure to share them with Jo at the Book Jotter, too.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in and visiting my blog!

    I must get round to reading my Barbara Pym book I have bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a great idea -- such fun to examine this year's reading so far :) I hope you do get around to reading that Pym, she's so enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. The majority of authors I read are new to me. I really should revisit more of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the shiny new ones are so great -- but then when I know I enjoy an author, I really should go back and read more of their earlier work. The eternal conundrum!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!