Saturday, January 02, 2010

Short Stories: another Challenge


Kate of Kate's Book Blog is once again hosting the Short Story Reading Challenge. She began this challenge in 2008 and I found that it really did encourage me to read more short stories than was my habit previously. So I will join up once more, and hope to discover some great reading again this year.

There are varied levels at which to participate, but I think I will start at Option 3 -- reading at least five collections of short stories over the year. I am going to try to choose five collections by authors I have not previously read. I have a few collections sitting around on the shelves but I am not making a definite list; I will just try to read them as I feel inclined to.
Updated:

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to do Option 3 of this challenge too. I would like to read more stories, and this is a great way to do it! I'm looking forward to seeing what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what's one more? I did miserably with short stories last year, so I could use the incentive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed on to Kate's A Curious Singularity. John Mutford at The Book Mine Set also offers a Short Story Monday, so I think I won't join this one. I do love short stories, and will be interested in what you read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!